Camping Recipe: Easy Foil Packet Egg Breakfast
Foil Packet Camping Recipe
Easy prep, easy to clean, and easy to cook are the three hallmarks of a great camping recipe. That is why foil packet meals are at the top of so many camp cooking lists. Here is a customizable foil packet camping breakfast that the whole family can help make.
Making a Foil Packet
For this camping recipe, you will make an envelope with a sheet of aluminum foil and place your ingredients in the pouch before sealing and cooking.
- Tear off a large sheet of aluminum foil for each meal/family member.
- Fold the sheet in half.
- To seal the sides and make the pouch, make two to three small folds on either side.
- You will now have a square of aluminum foil sealed on three sides and open at the top.
If you are more of a visual person, this video shows how to make a foil packet.
Easy Breakfast Foil Packet Camping Recipe
- 6 large eggs
- 1/2 cup of milk
- Salt and pepper
- 1 package of frozen hashbrowns (thawed)
- 1 cup of precooked protein of choice (diced ham, bacon, crumbled sausage, etc.)
- 2 cups of shredded cheese
- Butter or cooking spray for foil
- Toppings of choice (chives, sour cream, sliced avocado, etc.)
- Crack the eggs into a 1 gallon Ziplock bag, add the milk, hash browns, protein, cheese, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Seal the bag and massage it to mix all ingredients well.
- Have each person preparing a foil packet, brush their foil with butter or spray with cooking spray and fold their foil into a pouch.
- Divide the mixture up by having everyone spoon the mixture into their foil pouch and fold the top opening three times like they did the sides of the foil pouch earlier.
- Place packets over a campfire or grill for about 10 minutes or until eggs and hashbrowns are cooked.
- Open your foil packet (careful, it’s hot!) and add any topping you would like and enjoy.
Book Now and Get Cookin’
Of course, you can make this foil packet camping recipe anywhere, but we all know that camp cooking just tastes better when you’re actually camping.